1981 Bachelor of Business Administration – University of Mississippi
AFFILIATIONS, CERTIFICATIONS AND TRAINING
- OSHA General Outreach Trainer
- HAZWOPER Train-the-Trainer Certification
- Certified Safety Auditor – NASP
- OSHA Health and Safety Management Programs
- Steel Tank Institute – AST Tank Inspector Level 1 and 2 Certification
- NFPA 70E Arc Flash Training Course
- Various OSHA Courses and Workshops.
- EPA Title V Workshop
- Licensed Asbestos Inspector
- Visible Emission Evaluation
- Radiation Safety Officer
- TRI Workshop
- 40-hour OSHA Hazardous Waste Operations (HAZWOPER) and 8-hour updates
- Forklift Train-the-Trainer Certification
- 30-hour OSHA Training Course
- DOT training courses
- 1001 Certified Fire Fighter
- Tank Integrity Testing Certification
2007 – Present EHS Specialist, Environmental Compliance & Safety, Inc., Tupelo, MS
Primarily responsible for management of safety compliance services. Specific duties include developing and reviewing safety programs, preparing Phase I Environmental Site Assessments, and conducting Asbestos, Noise, and Air Quality Monitoring.
2007 – 2006 Shift Supervisor, Hickory Springs Mfg. Co.
Responsible for manufacturing operation of fiber plant. Specific duties included supervising 17 employees, scheduling production, conducting safety inspections, and interacting with customers.
2006 – 1995 Safety & Training Coordinator, Norbord Mississippi, Inc.
Responsible for all aspects of safety programs, visible emissions, and storm water monitoring. Specific duties included monitoring storm water discharges and visible emission points. Developed, implemented and provided training on all safety programs (i.e. Lockout, HazCom, PPE, Confined Space, Radiation Safety, Forklift, and Working at Heights).
1995 – 1979 Costing & Safety Director, Vita Foam (Leggett & Platt)
Responsible for all aspects of the safety programs at the facility. Also, as costing director, determined the selling price of product shipped. Specific duties included developing, implementing, and providing training on the safety programs. Conducted time studies to establish labor and material utilization cost and responsible for the determining the selling price of product shipped.