1981 Bachelor of Business Administration – University of Mississippi
AFFILIATIONS, CERTIFICATIONS AND TRAINING
- OSHA General Outreach Trainer
- HAZWOPER Train-the-Trainer Certification
- Certified Safety Auditor – NASP
- OSHA Health and Safety Management Programs
- NFPA 70E Arc Flash Training Course
- Various OSHA Courses and Workshops.
- Licensed Asbestos Inspector
- Radiation Safety Officer
- TRI Workshop
- Forklift Train-the-Trainer Certification
- 10-hour & 30-hour OSHA Train-the-Trainer Certification
- DOT Train-the-Trainer Certification
- 1001 Certified Fire Fighter
- STI Tank Integrity Testing Certification
2007 – Present
EHS Specialist, Environmental Compliance & Safety, Inc., Tupelo, MS
Primarily responsible for management of safety compliance services. Specific duties include developing and reviewing safety programs and preparing Phase I Environmental Site Assessments
2007 – 2006
Shift Supervisor, Hickory Springs Mfg. Co.
Responsible for manufacturing operation of fiber plant. Specific duties included supervising 17 employees, scheduling production, conducting safety inspections, and interacting with customers.
2006 – 1995
Safety & Training Coordinator, Norbord Mississippi, Inc.
Responsible for all aspects of safety programs, visible emissions, and storm water monitoring. Specific duties included monitoring storm water discharges and visible emission points. Developed, implemented and provided training on all safety programs (i.e. Lockout, Hazcom, PPE, Confined Space, Radiation Safety, Forklift, and Working at Heights).
1995 – 1979
Costing & Safety Director, Vita Foam (Leggett & Platt)
Responsible for all aspects of the safety programs at the facility. Also, as costing director, determined the selling price of product shipped. Specific duties included developing, implementing, and providing training on the safety programs. Conducted time studies to establish labor and material utilization cost and responsible for the determining the selling price of product shipped.